Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cold Stone Creamery, Baskin Robbins, Blue Bunny, Schwan's, Land o'Lakes, etc.

I LOVE ice cream! Always have. But what's my favorite? Well, depends on the day, the mood, or the weather. I used to absolutely LOVE chocolate chip cookie dough. I used to just eat the cookie dough and leave most of the ice cream. But then I kind of got sick of it and liked plain chocolate, but then that was a little too chocolately for me, so I switched to vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and mixed it together for the perfect blend.

Then you have Cold Stone Creamery. Wow! That place is the Starbucks of ice cream. Not only do you have to choose a flavor (or multiple flavors to mix) of ice cream, but what size you want, if you want it in a cup or cone, what size of cup, what kind of cone, and what ingredients to mix in with it. I get overwhelmed and just end up with the Like It size, one flavor of ice cream, and both of my choices end up being double of one choice.
But it doesn't stop me from going there.

I think men are like flavors of ice cream. You could have a "Flavor of the Week." You could be boring (or loyal) and stick with the exact same kind for your entire life. You could change it up every time you go out.

Then adding the ingredients or toppings is like finding the qualities in a man that you like. So, you're trying to create the perfect combination.

So then what happens if they're out of one of your favorite flavors or ingredients? Which they were last time I was at Cold Stone. I was appalled. I wanted to just leave without getting my ice cream. No vanilla wafers?! Come on! I can't put gummy bears in my Cotton Candy ice cream...they get too hard and then it's no longer enjoyable to eat!

Do I do that with men too? If there's one thing that I didn't ask for or want in the relationship, is the sale final? Or do I ask for a refund? I'd have to say that most of the time, I've been asking for a refund.

Well, let me tell you what happened. I, of course, was less than pleased with them being out of wafers to add to my cotton candy flavored ice cream. The lady must've been able to read it on my face. So, she advised me that I should mix the Cotton Candy ice cream with Strawberry ice cream (which I had never thought of). She has not idea what I like...but I hesitantly agreed. I was disgruntled, so I obstinately declined any fun sprinkles or other kind of candy. Stubborn, I know.

And here's what I found. I liked it. I liked it so much, I didn't really miss the wafers. It could've been that much better with the wafers, but maybe they would've ruined the flavor.

What I'm getting at - is that although you've gone most of your life thinking you know exactly what you're looking for and want (out of a man or ice cream), there may still be a few that surprise you...and we find a new favorite. And just because one combination didn't work out, doesn't mean that those same ingredients with a different type of ice cream won't be perfect.

SONG OF THE DAY: "Ice Cream" by Sarah McLachlan
I used to listen to this song when I was in high school I think. I thought I was going to have a hard time finding a song to go with my ice cream theme, but then I remembered this one. I'm laughing right now as I writing this. So clever.

Now I really do love ice cream, so for something's love to be better than ice cream...wow! That's love! I wonder what flavor that would be... I guess love has to be better than ice cream though. Ice cream melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment