Sunday, September 19, 2010

Another first...

So, it's no secret that I'm not a patient person. I don't do well with sitting around and waiting for...anything to happen.

I am quite taken by a certain boy. That also is no secret. However, this particular boy may or may not really be interested in me. He can't handle any strings attached right now and that's totally fine. But I can't just sit around either and see if he eventually decides that it's me he wants to be with.

So, I've moved on...to a man. The distinction between man and boy is a hard one to determine sometimes. Maturity and age do play a very big role in whether I classify them as a boy or man. My previous crush is a boy - age-wise and his maturity in where he's at in relationships. But my newest endeavor is most definitely a man. He's 6 years older than I am, which may be a good thing. He's very mature in his life, his passion, and what he wants out of a relationship.

I hesitated on whether or not to meet him. I was at a weird place in my own search for a relationship. But I decided to finally give in and say yes. And boy, I'm glad I did.

We emailed and texted each other for a while first, which proved to be good conversation and bantering. He's witty and genuinely complimentary. Then we met and he's got a great smile and I appreciated the continuous eye contact. He doesn't seem full of himself, although he's accomplished enough in his life thus far to justify if he was. He's passionate about everything he says and does. He's just out to enjoy all life has to offer, and I'm so attracted to that quality.

Although we were sitting in a dimly lit bar, I could feel myself blushing at times. As he sat there and listened intently to my interview question answers, it was as though he was trying to read my soul.

And don't worry. My boy crush and I still email each other every other day, if not every day. We even talk about this new man that has come into my life. I'm a very honest person and I don't see the point in not being open about the men in my life...with the other men in my life. If either of them have a problem with it, they have 2 choices: 1) get over it or 2) get on with it. Or 3) eventually take me off the market. Simple enough.

These two guys are so different from each other. It kind of baffles me that I could be interested in either one. At this point though, I'm a little more interested in the one that is present and accounted for...and says that he's interested in me. Seems to be a winning combination so far.

The only weird thing...this new man looks an awful lot like an ex-boyfriend of mine. There are a couple of obvious differences...but for the most part, it's hard not to see a resemblance.

He makes me feel a little like a teenager. I like the way he talks about things he wants to do in life and what he wants his girlfriend to be. No 'first kiss' yet, but I anticipate that will come soon enough. I'm just going to enjoy getting to know him...he's piqued my interest anyway.

SONG OF THE DAY: "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry
I wasn't nervous on my way to meet him, but once I sat down with him...I was. I felt myself blush, and it wasn't just the drinks. I knew that I wanted to impress him and wanted him to like me. He made me a little nervous when he said he'd met other girls in the past couple months, but no second dates. And then at the end of the night, it was just, "keep in touch." WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! But soon after leaving the text messages reaffirmed my ego, and a second date was promptly set. I may have even written about him in my journal...just like in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment