Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Holding Pattern

I know that for me, personally, one of the hardest things for me to do is to 'let go.' Whether it's hurt or love. I just want to hang on to something that requires an emotion or feeling out me. Maybe some of you know what I'm talking about when I say, "Sometimes it feels good to cry."

Think about it for a minute. When we're in a good mood, we tend to listen to music that mirrors that mood. If we're sad, we watch movies or listen to music that will soon require a Kleenex.

And why, for the most part, are we done crying until someone hugs or holds us? Have you ever bawled your eyes out and then felt better, you got yourself put back together, and you feel ready to face the rest of the day. Well, you run into a friend or family member, and sometimes even before the actual hug, the waterworks start all over again.

I think part of my problem is that I think if I let go, then it's forgotten - almost like it never happened. Like a piece of my life, of my memory, has been erased, wiped clean. I want to go back and revisit that feeling to know that it was real. And sometimes, I just want to feel...something...anything! Especially in between the dry spells of love. Heck, right now, I'd settle for lust (and that's NOT me!). Or maybe at least to be held.

I'm not talking about a hug that you give your friend or grandmother; I'm referring to being held by a man so tightly and securely, you feel his force field. It might be the sense of security that many women are looking for, but to me it's more about the conversation taking place between your subconscious's. Somehow he knew. He knew what I needed without asking. He knew how to fill the void if only for a moment. He held my body physically, but really had a hold of my heart.

SONG OF THE DAY: "Hold My Heart" by Sara Bareilles
Not many men in my life knew what it meant to "hold my heart." But there have been a few, and that's hard to find. If you have a man that can hold both you and your heart and can do it without saying a word, be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment