Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lies, Lies, and More Lies

Why do people lie about how they feel? I just DON'T get it. How hard is it to just tell the truth? Doesn't it feel better?

And come on. You know when someone is lying to you in a relationship because it just doesn't feel right. It doesn't make sense.

I recently found out from a friend of a friend of a friend that in my last relationship or weakness, even though I swore I was going to find someone honest (and I thought he was), he lied about getting back to together (or the lack there of).

Now, my intentions were not innocent either, but if it had turned out in my favor, I would've told him about the project. It was during my "different guy every week dating spree." I contacted him so that he could be one of my guys and then leave him after a week. Now, I wasn't exactly sure at the time if I was going to be able to do it, but I was going to try anyway. I kind of wanted closure too.

Anyway, it took him 10 hours to respond to my text message. He said that he wasn't able to meet up the rest of that week, the next week he was gone, and then when he got back we would have dinner and talk. Now as much as that scared me, I was willing to do it for the sake of my project. A couple of weeks went by and so I asked if he still wanted to get together. It took him even longer than 10 hours to respond to this one, but he said that he was dating someone new and didn't want to mess things up.

My initial thought was that it was him taking the easy way out. Not having to talk about what happened between us. It was easier to come up with some excuse than to face the music. But then I thought, no. He probably was seeing someone and I thought it was noble.

Well, I'm here to tell you to always stick with your first instinct. He had lied to me before about other things, and so I should've known. And according to my source, other stupid accusations were said as well.

I just don't understand people who lie to make themselves look or feel better. It's like being in elementary school again. The bully was always the one with the lowest self-esteem, and so he'd pick on the other kids to make himself feel better.

Well, I don't expect this guy to advance to the next grade level anytime soon. It's too bad though; I think somewhere inside of him is a really decent guy.

SONG OF THE DAY: "I Don't Believe You" by Pink
I know, more than I'd like to admit, that things are said in anger, in hurt, in frustration, in chaos, and in torment. These things stick with you longer than words said to you in love, in affection, in adoration, or in contentment. It's hard to forget, and it's even harder to forgive. But you just can't help what you feel when those things are said. Words are only words until they pierce the surface of our flesh and find a home in your head, your heart, or your soul. That's when they're felt. And you know if that feeling is true or false. You know that if you question the words being spoken because they don't feel right within you, then they're probably a lie. The lie itself isn't what bothers me. It's the reason behind the lie, which creates a whole other spiral of emotion. But it's not until the truth is spoken that you can move on with what initiated the feeling.

1 comment: