Tuesday, February 23, 2010

An Oxymoron - and yes, I am talking about a guy.

Finally! A man who tells the truth! In the book "Marriable," Michael DiMarco is plain as day when he admits for all mankind that they lie for two reasons: (1) to be admired and (2) to be sexed. It applies to the bad boys and good guys; all men, all over the world.

It's ironic that women lie to themselves and men lie to women. And both lies usually involve making the man look better.

Hmmm, I've been lied to so much in my past couple relationships...I should feel special because he wants me to admire him or have sex with him. Yeah, no. In one particular instance, he lied because I was so considerate. So my consideration led to his dishonesty. I sure know how to pick 'em.

Anyway, he talks about the chase, the moving target. We need to stay one step ahead of the men.

Ephiphany: That's why the men that I don't like continue to pursue me and the men I do like forget to call. So, if I want a guy to leave me alone, all I have to do is pretend I'm interested in him - lovingly and passionately. And for the men I want to keep around, I have to pretend I want nothing to do with them. Wow is that backwards!

The Alpha Male syndrome is crazy. Guys make up such BS stories about everything when they're together. If girls did that, there'd be some heavy ice cream and chocolate fests, not to mention the binge shopping. We take what each of us says so literally and remember it word-for-word...forever. Guys forget the easy way to remember an anniversary or birthday - tell their mom or sister to remind them.

And the only thing worse than the Alpha Male syndrome is the Alpha Male syndrome while around their girlfriend/wife. Ladies. The things we put up with to be with men: ridiculous. They act SO tough around their friends, whether we're around or not. They figure they can make it up to us later - privately. They think they're so smart.

Michael also says that once you have sex with a man it's over. It's like he's bought a best-seller and read the last chapter first. He's no longer interested in figuring out if you're compatible and it'll last; he's more interested in either finding a new moving target or just interested in the sex.

I hate to say it, but I agree with him 100%. Women use sex as a way to get romance; men use romance as a way to get sex.

I'll leave you with a paragraph from the book:

"Girls, does it creep you out a bit that this guy who's been buying you flowers, sending sweet IMs, and rubbing your feet is just in it for the big payoff? It shouldn't, because after all, he's just a man. Just remember that you can play him the way he was meant to be played by not rewarding the big fat horny liar until you get a ring, a cake, and a binding legal document!"

Thank you, Michael, for telling it like it is. He's honest because he's already admired and sexed - I'm assuming.

SONG OF THE DAY: "Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me" by Mac Davis
A very fitting song. Said just like a real gentleman, "Cause I'll just use you, then set you free." Another man that tells the truth! Two cases in one night is too much for me to handle. I better go to bed now. But don't say that this is not a "love" song because it's one of the songs in my Romancing the 70s CD collection. (Great collection, by the way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment