Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Weight Against You

Have you ever loved someone you just can't forget? You break up with someone because you, obviously, don't want to be with them anymore, but for some reason, you just can't stop thinking about them.

They may be all the way across the country or within the same zip code, but when you think of them, it feels like they're sitting next to you.

What does that mean? That you're supposed to be with them? That you're supposed to remember what went wrong? That you're just having regrets? I don't know the answer, although I wish I had the solution.

Sometimes I wish that the "procedure" in the movie "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" was real. It's almost like an erasal of all memories, meetings, conversations, intimacies, etc. of every having had with this person. My life would be a lot less complex if that was available to the general public. A reversal hypnosis.

So, does that mean this memory of this person is a weakness or a hinderance to my life? Almost like a handicap sometimes. I know that I'd appreciate a love handicap sticker or something to hang in my car. I'd probably feel better if one day that I had that handicap, I was able to park closer to the mall.

SONG OF THE DAY: "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles
I love this song because somedays I feel like this; that their memory is my "gravity" - the source that's keeping me down. Sometimes it feels like a weight that we just can't get rid of. I doesn't necessarily make me sad, just makes me sigh and shake my head that I still think about them. But this particular person I don't long for, just can't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment