Friday, February 26, 2010

Winter Love

It's technically still winter - especially according to Mother Nature.

What is it about the cold that makes us want to be with someone? Maybe it's the touch of a sweater or how cute men look in winter beanies. A hug just feels better in the winter. They sit closer and hold you tighter. And who doesn't like nuzzling a cold nose into someone's cheek.

I guess I find winter more intimate than summer. Winter to me is about being together...and nothing more. Just being together.

Maybe I love winter because that's when I first fell in love. It was amazing. One of my favorite memories from that winter...we were at a friend's house. Our relationship was still pretty new. There were quite a few couples there, but I was only into him. He could melt my heart with one look. I just let him lead. I trusted him completely. He knew I was uncomfortable being around all of those people with him. So, he took a blanket and a string of lit Christmas lights - and we escaped the party and the rest of the world.

The scene in my mind is like something out of a movie. A sweet, endearing gesture that only made me fall harder. The colored Christmas lights reflecting in his eyes and the constant glow against the blanket was artistic and inspiring.

What a wonderful man he would've been.

SONG OF THE DAY: "Wintersong" by Sarah McLachlan
This song sums up how I feel during the winter remembering how we were together.

No comments:

Post a Comment